The British Fluid Power Distributors Association (BFPDA) was formed in 1989 and is dedicated to improving the performance of distribution within the fluid power industry. The Association is affiliated to BFPA and has a common secretariat.
- To encourage the development and use of recognised quality assurance procedures within the industry.
- To support the manufacturers of fluid power products by distributing their products in a professional and ethical way.
- To provide a forum for members to consider issues and discuss problems common to the industry and promote liaison and debate amongst distributors and their manufacturers.
- To ensure members conform to a published code of professional conduct and to generate customer recognition of this code.
- To promote the advantages of education and training of personnel, now as well as for the future.
- To promote business, marketing and commercial information of general interest to members.
- To prepare appropriate guidelines for members involved in the design, assembly and installation of packaged systems.
- To liaise with government departments, professional associations and educational establishments and to establish the means for collective representation, as required.
- To assist, where appropriate, the settlement of disputes brought to the Association's notice.